Job at: Farm Manager Job At Lucas Group | Jobs in Australia
About Lucas Group Australia
Since 1990, The Lucas Group has been providing solutions to support our clients in recruiting the right people for the right jobs across Australian food and fibre production.
We provide executive search, recruitment, and human resource consulting across agriculture, horticulture, viticulture, and everything in between.
Our team has unique insight and understanding of agribusiness and rural jobs across Australia, and meaningful industry insight to every project.
We’re passionate about the continued prosperity of agriculture in Australia and our workforce. If it involves your people, you need our people.
Established in 2013, Gunn Agri Partners manages diverse portfolios, including cropping, horticulture, and cattle production, for institutional investors, currently overseeing assets and commitments exceeding $800 million.
The Colebatch Aggregation, in Meningie, SA, spans 6,000 hectares, encompassing Wheat, Barley, Canola, Lucerne and pulse crops. Farm Manager Job At Lucas Group | Jobs in Australia
The Lucas Group is proud to be partnering with Faulkner Farming in the recruitment of an accomplished Farm Manager to spearhead success, sustainable growth, and oversee the management of the Colebatch Aggregation. Situated in the picturesque Meningie, SA, this role is perfect for a professional who can drive profitability while preserving the ecological balance of the farm.
- Devise and execute strategic plans for cropping operations, striving for maximum yield and profitability.
- Efficiently manage farm finances, implement cost-effective practices, and ensure budget compliance.
- Supervise daily farm operations, lead a team, and enforce best practices.
- Prioritise livestock welfare, oversee breeding and health, and adhere to animal welfare standards.
- Cultivate a safety-oriented culture, nurture staff development, and promote teamwork in the farm environment.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience on a medium to large-scale cropping farm.
- Tertiary qualifications in Agriculture or Business Management preferred.
- Relevant certifications or commitment to obtain – Heavy Vehicle Truck Licence, ChemCert Certificate, Current First Aid Certificate, Confined Space, and Working at Heights.