Food Serving Assistant Job in Australia
Here’s how the job details align with your job preferences.Manage job preferences any time in your profile.
Shift and schedule
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Parental leave
- Referral program
What’s on Offer:
We value our Residential Communities teams and the wonderful work they do. Our employees enjoy an enviable range of benefits, including the following:
- Competitive hourly rates + Super
- Full Time, Part time or Casual contracts available
- Flex-Up – work additional overtime hours as available and boost your income
- Enjoy additional yearly Well-Being and Community leave days
- 14 week paid parental leave, with equal benefit for both parents PLUS our Bump to Baby program – an employee support service connecting you to a team of maternal health experts, midwives, and nurses
- Employee Referral Program – refer your friends and family members to join us and receive $500.00 per successful referral (Conditions apply)
- Employee Assistance Program – support and assistance for you and your partner at those times in life when you need it most
- A supported employee Learning program, including a customised Induction on joining us
- Attractive employee discounts on Australian Unity Banking products, Private Health and General Insurance
Your New Role
Based at our Racecourse Grange Aged Care site, located at Mornington VIC, your new role as a Food Service/Cafe Assistant, will see you join a team to provide hospitality services to all residents, including assisting with the efficient preparation and delivery of quality meals.
You will also assist our onsite Café, with making coffee and with the preparation and serving of food, including basic cookery knowledge around preparing sandwiches and salads and food reheating.
If you have previous experience and training working within a café including coffee preparation and have a Barista certificate or qualification, this would be ideal.
You will enjoy working within our Better Together® social model of ageing well, which offers a continuum of care and support services for our Residents, within a range of accommodation options in one location.
What does your new role look like?
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of meals
- Cleaning support within the kitchen as required
- Catering to special dietary and nutritional needs of residents
- Interacting with residents and providing person centered care
- Assisting with the effective operation of the onsite café, including making and serving coffee
Above all, you will align to our Values of Bold, Warm and Honest. You will be able to demonstrate empathy and the ability to provide excellent care for your customers.
Does this sound like you?
- A truly customer-centric approach with the passion to deliver real ‘care’ to residents
- Availability to work a minimum of 3 days per week
- Barista qualification and training PLUS some experience working within a café would be highly regarded
- Experience working in a commercial kitchen assisting with meal preparation would be highly regarded
- Possess or be willing to obtain a Certificate in Food Safety/Handling practices
- Fully vaccinated for COVID 19 and 2023 Influenza
If you’re seeking a role with real purpose and where you can create meaningful customer relationships and develop both your passion and career within Hospitality and Cooking this would be an ideal role for you – please apply today or contact Gavin Dooley at email@example.com for more information.
Australian Unity is an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from all members of the community, including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and, mature aged people.