Job at: Warehouse Manager Job at Alstom | Jobs in Australia
Location: Perth, Australia
At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, 74,000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars. Warehouse Manager Job at Alstom | Jobs in Australia
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Manager to join our established production team here in Bellevue for a permanent position to oversee our Bellevue, Kewdale & Nowergup facilities. As a natural leader, you will be well poised to take carriage of the warehouse, logistics and inventory management of our Metronet project and be passionate about team management and continuous improvement.
We are going through an exciting period of growth and change as we continue to support PTA Australia’s $1.6 billion, 20-year Railcar Maintenance Program and this is a rare opportunity for a leadership role to be available within this growing, sustainable industry.
As the team leader, your primary focus will be planning, guiding, and managing the team and their outputs and maintain a big picture outlook for the warehouse in line with project deliverables. One day is likely to be the same, but some of the responsibilities will include;
- Management of the storage areas, inventory, equipment and tools for the Project across multiple sites
- Ensuring compliance with general EHS rules and deploying specific EHS rules for warehousing and logistics activities,
- Running pre start meetings, planning and defining daily tasks and ensuring adequate resourcing as required
- Manage the physical material flow throughout the warehouse including goods, yard management, delivery installation and transfer of material and equipment
- Provide long term vision for the team, setting and supporting the achievement of career goals and objectives and building the capacity and efficiency within the team
- Working collaboratively with a range of project and functional team members, encouraging opportunities for development and process improvements
- Representing Alstom, building relationships and awareness within the industry and communicating across all levels of stakeholders, customers and clients
Please note, a company vehicle will be provided for necessary travel to sites.
Desired Skills and Experience
We value passion and attitude over experience and don’t expect you to have every single skill, but your interpersonal skills and desire to lead a team will be what can set you apart. A few other skills we would love to see includes;
- Previous experience in the logistics, supply chain or warehouse field in a leadership role (or with some leadership experience)
- Competent people management skills and an approachable, clear leadership style
- SAP will be highly regarded (but not a deal breaker!)
We are very open to experience from outside this industry so if you’re looking to transition your warehouse/logistics/supply chain experience from another industry into rail – go right ahead and apply. We’d love to hear about your experience and how that could translate here at Metronet.