Job at: Fleet Manager Job at Team Global Express | Jobs in Australia
Location: Melbourne Airport Victoria, Australia
About Team Global Express
United by our fundamental goal to provide superior customer experiences and operational excellence, Team Global Express is excited to step forward under new ownership, Allegro Funds. Backed by an unrivalled and seamless network, Team Global Express builds unique, innovative and tailored solutions across road, rail, air and sea; providing transport, logistics, and business solutions to customers throughout Australia and New Zealand. By exploring how businesses continue to deliver in a changing world, Team Global Express is determined to play our pivotal part in the pandemic-proof economic recovery of Australia and New Zealand. Through engaging, listening and sharing with our customers, Team Global Express strives to deliver exceptional experiences, putting your business at the heart of ours. Fleet Manager Job at Team Global Express | Jobs in Australia
- The position of Fleet Manager is responsible for all aspects of safety, performance, and resourcing and team leadership for specified operational areas and/or operational processes. This includes overseeing all activities and resources associated with the Fleet division to achieve agreed objectives, optimising profitability, and business efficiency with a strong customer focus, in a safe and socially acceptable manner.
- Critical to this role is to engage the overall fleet team to plan and coordinate daily activities and hold team members to account. This position plays an important role in achieving daily KPI’s and identifying / actioning process improvements, along with engaging support from other functional leads.
- You will also be responsible for liaising with unions and resolving issues which may impact the performance of the fleet.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proactively lead the fleet team by setting and maintaining work standards and behaviours, holding team members to account
- In Iine with delegated authority coordinate, direct and deploy resources (labour, equipment) to ensure operational and customer requirements are met.
- Effectively manage labour costs (e.g., hours of work and approval of time for team members), ensuring that labour is managed within budget requirements and productivity is optimised.
- Manage team members on performance, conduct and productivity issues, absenteeism, leave requirements and associated matters.
- Ensure customer satisfaction is achieved through complete and accurate documentation, professional handling of freight, achieving delivery times and meeting or exceeding service standards.
- Liaise and co-operate closely with local sales personnel to ensure customer and business expectations are always achieved.
- Responsible for maintaining sound relationships internally and with other Unit and network colleagues to ensure account retention and maximising business development opportunities.
- Ensure all relevant policies, and legislative requirements are made available to appropriate drivers.
- Maximise the use of fleet applications to improve fleet performance.
- Effective management of resources in line with volume expectations
- Manage and maintain all Motor vehicle Accidents in accordance with TGE policy and procedures.
- Ensure all fleet drivers and contract carriers are fully inducted and trained in all aspects of their work to ensure that both the personal safety of the individual and others is protected, as well as the quality of services provided is maintained at a supervisor level.
- Responsible for the recruitment and selection of drivers and inductions in line with divisional policies and procedures
- Responsible for performance management of direct reports through annual performance appraisals, skills/performance gap identification, career development and training plan proposals
- Responsible for ‘Duty of Care’ of the fleet drivers and ensure all existing and new staff are provided with occupational health and safety instruction prior to initial work assignment.
- Accountable for the achievement of agreed budgeted targets as measured by a series of fleet KPI’s.
- Participate in the development of and accept responsibility for the achievement of the fleet-operating budget.