Job at: Special Events Manager Job At MTS Australia
Location: Tallawong, Australia
MTS is now in its fifth year of operating Australia’s first fully automated passenger railway, the Sydney Metro North West line, and will soon be extending through to the city and southwest. We connect our customers to opportunities that matter to them while delivering the next generation of rail travel to Sydney. Special Events Manager Job in Australia
We have an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic and seasoned Special Events Manager to join our Operations & Customer Experience team. Reporting to the General Manager, Operations & Customer Experience, the role will lead the implementation and development of all integrated major events across the greater Sydney area that interface with the Sydney Metro line. Special Events Manager Job in Australia
- The role may involve working weekends, i.e., New Year’s EVE
- In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver special events for MTS.
- Coordinate and manage special event requirements that include training running and crowd management.
- Facilitate post-event debriefs and apply continuous improvement on various operations plans, such as the Special Events Plan, Transport Integration Plan, Customer Service Plan, Staff Rostering Plan, Operations Plan, etc.
- Oversee all major events to ensure the train plan is adhered to and that key stakeholders are kept informed throughout the event.
- Facilitate coordination meetings with stakeholders to fully establish and understand event requirements.
- Execute safety responsibilities, authorities, and accountabilities consistent with the MTS safety management system.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You are a dynamic and proactive leader with demonstrated experience in leading and implementing event and festival planning in large complex organisations.
- You have the strong ability to manage multiple competing priorities while navigating through a highly regulated environment. As a superior communicator, you can influence, negotiate, and build strong stakeholder relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and can represent them at a senior management level.
- You also demonstrate a strong commitment to delivering outstanding customer service coupled with exceptional planning skills to deliver on project timelines and agreed outcomes.