Job at: Senior Engineer Electrical Job At MTS Australia
Location: Tallawong, Australia
MTS is now in its fifth year of operating Australia’s first fully automated passenger railway, the Sydney Metro North West line, and will soon be extending through to the city and southwest. We connect our customers to opportunities that matter to them while delivering the next generation of rail travel to Sydney. Special Events Manager Job in Australia, Senior Engineer Electrical Job in Australia
We have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Engineer Electricalto join our Engineering & Maintenance Delivery team. Reporting into the Principal Engineer Electrical your role will play a pivotal part in providing support to the Principal Engineer Electrical with stewardship of the Electrical discipline assets and provide assets that allow safe train and station operations. Senior Engineer Electrical Job in Australia
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support the delivery of asset management strategies.
- Support the Principal Engineer in the stewardship of the Electrical discipline assets for MTS including the development of asset strategies, asset programs/plans, maintaining the asset register and maintenance schedules.
- Support MTS as a discipline SME with respect to network expansion and new improvement or maintenance projects, including determining requirements, reviewing scope, asset acceptance and supporting project defect close out.
- Provide engineering knowledge in asset management, technical, operational and maintenance information in areas of expertise.
- Support activities related to the DC railway with potential for current electrolysis related issues and delivery of the obligations to the NSW Electrolysis Committee.
- Respond to emergency maintenance in a timely and prompt manner.
- Keep the Principal Engineer informed in a timely manner with a summary of issues and actions. Separately, promptly, and specifically discuss major safety, operational critical and customer facing issues.
- For technical engagements support with formulating contract scope, selection of contract cost model types, understanding general contract conditions, administration of contracts, engaging and utilising legal advice and administering resolution of disputes.
- Support spares holding strategies, development of MTS requirements and the implementation of MTS spare holding.
- Input to major failure systematic analysis including gathering data, analysis of relevant factors, identify root cause and contributing factors, develop SMART remedial actions and implementation.
- Support the Principal Engineer in the analysis of asset performance (including condition monitoring systems) and make recommendations to ensure asset performance targets are met.
- Identify where MTS have work systems gaps, escalate, and assist to develop and formalised the issue of engineering technical and procedural instructions to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Experience
You will have proven experience in a similar role working within the rail industry with a recognised tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering. You will also have demonstrated design experience in the electrical discipline, high voltage, earthing & bonding and overhead wiring, electrical protection (Secondary HV system) and HV SCADA system.
- You will also possess the following:
- Knowledge and implementation of the NSW Work Health and Safety Act, the Rail Safety National Law, SafeWork NSW Guidelines, and good industry practice in safe systems of work.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in all relevant areas with proven experience relevant to the Senior Engineer duties in passenger rail.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of design requirements to Australian, European and ASA standards for passenger rail infrastructure, including testing and acceptance experience.
- Proven design, technical advisory and maintenance experience; including passenger rail infrastructure, including:
- DC substation design
- AC substation and distribution network design
- Protection Design
- Power System Modelling and Analysis
- Management of assets,
- Experience of preventative and corrective maintenance,
- Response to emergency maintenance situations.
- Asset Technical Maintenance Plan implementation experience.
- The use of asset information systems, including:
- Upkeep of asset central information repositories and configuration data,
- Experience of spares holding,
- Asset condition monitoring, trending, and predictive based monitoring.
- Experience in analysis of failures and developing SMART remedial actions.
- The development and issue of engineering technical and procedural instructions.
- Interfacing with people and stakeholders, consulting with peers and stakeholders, negotiation, and persuasion to reach and record agreement.
- Environmental awareness and compliance implementation
- You are a dynamic and proactive leader with demonstrated experience in leading and implementing event and festival planning in large complex organisations.
- You have the strong ability to manage multiple competing priorities while navigating through a highly regulated environment. As a superior communicator, you can influence, negotiate, and build strong stakeholder relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and can represent them at a senior management level.
- You also demonstrate a strong commitment to delivering outstanding customer service coupled with exceptional planning skills to deliver on project timelines and agreed outcomes.