Parcel Sorter Job at Post AU 2023
Job Location: Australia
Job Company: Australian Post
Job type: Casual
At Australia Post, we acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we operate, live and gather as employees.
Help us deliver like never before
As our Mail Sorting Officer, you’ll be working at a Mail & Parcel Processing Centre where you’ll be responsible for manually sorting mail in preparation for delivery the next day. You’ll play a key role in supporting our Posties, who provide a vital service to our local community every single day.
You might not be working from home, but you’ll be working together with a friendly team of like-minded people, and your community relies on you, and it doesn’t get better than that!
- Assisting with the processing of standard letters, large letters, small parcels and Express Post articles
- Manually handle and sort mail articles in cases where it cannot be machine sorted
- Manually load and unload mail from mail bags, trays, containers and metal cages (Unit Loading Devices)
- Working across sophisticated processing equipment and lines
- Operating and using load shifting equipment such as hand pallet devices and stackers whilst cooperating with operations staff to get the mail into the facility
- You are flexible with working additional hours if required
- You have a great memory, excellent attention to detail and can lift up to 16kgs of Mail and Parcels regularly
- Experience operating manual pallet jacks or stackers is advantageous but not mandatory
How we’ll deliver for you
- Enjoy a 12% superannuation contribution per annum plus any potential penalties depending on your shift time
- We invest in you for the long-term, encouraging growth through delivering on our values of Trust, Inclusivity, Empowerment and Safety
- Be part of a culture where everybody feels they belong, are valued and can bring their authentic self to work every day
- We invest in your personal well-being, recognise and reward you for your contribution to our successful with Post Perks and more