Metering Technician Job at Ergon AU 2023
Job Company: Ergon Energy
Job Location: Australia
Job type: Casual
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work as a Metering Technician for Yurika?
Yurika is hiring a Metering Technician for a six-month fixed-term position for their net zero initiative. Enjoy career growth, diversity, inclusion, and safety.
About your new role
As part of an office-based team, you will remotely commission and maintain Yurika metering in the National Electricity Market (NEM).
Your role will include coordinating with installation contractors, inspectors, and network operators to arrange new metering installations, validating the accuracy and correctness of metering, and providing technical support to customers and service providers.
You will also assist in the planning and deployment of new metering technologies, investigate, and rectify metering system defects, and understand and apply Energy Queensland policies across multiple jurisdictions.
Why choose to work for Yurika?
It’s an exciting time to join us and to be involved in the energy sector, so consider us for your next career move, where you will experience:
- Secure employment backed by a strong collective agreement, with yearly EBA increases.
- Strong 12.75% superannuation and the ability to earn more with salary sacrifice co- contributions.
- Opportunities for skills and career advancement with access to ongoing training and leadership programs and capacity to build and grow your skills.
- Healthy work life balance with the option to WFH, 2 days per week and ad hoc as required.
- A chance to give back with a paid employee volunteering program allowing our employees to support communities across QLD.
- Support and guidance with access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and a mentoring program for professional support and guidance.
- A Safety-First culture, the safety of our people, customers & communities is a core priority.
- Reward and recognition with an internal reward and recognition program that includes an annual celebration of excellence.
- Diversity and Inclusion where all employees can contribute towards multiple diversity and inclusion initiatives across our business.
- Grow professionally with full access to LinkedIn Learning
You have a demonstrated commitment to ensuring high quality in metering installations and accuracy, you were detail-oriented and have excellent analytical skills to build connections and relationships.
You should be aware of commercial imperatives associated with operating effectively in a customer-focused competitive business and be knowledgeable about relevant health and safety legislation, standards, and practices.
Finally, you should be able to perform occasional field installations and testing of metering equipment to cover unplanned staff absences, meet critical customer requirements, respond to emergency and breakdown situations, or deploy value-added services.
If you are ready to join the Yurika team, apply now!
Even if you haven’t heard of Energy Queensland you might know our operational brands – Energex, Ergon Energy Network, Ergon Energy Retail and Yurika. As a group, we are growing rapidly and as part of the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan (QEJP), actively helping to advance the energy transition towards net zero.
Yurika is part of the Energy Queensland group of companies, 100% owned by the state of Queensland. Yurika has a national footprint, working across all areas of energy, connectivity, and sustainability.
How to apply
If you are ready to help us shape the future of energy, please apply below with a current resume.
For more information about this role, click the “Position Description” link. Take the next step and apply by simply clicking the “Begin” button below.
Just a head’s up, this is a six-month fixed term position and applications will close at 5.00pm, Monday 25 September 2023.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
If you have any questions or need assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to contact the Resourcing Advisor, Alisha Benson on 0400 557 913 or alisha.benson at energyq dot com dot au.