Job at: Security Advisor Job at Qantas | Jobs in Australia
About Qantas Australia
Bring your spirit to ours!
Come onboard and you’ll be joining a team of over 27,000 people across Australia and the globe. We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading airlines and one of Australia’s most iconic brands. This reputation rests not only on our history of safety, reliability, engineering, and service, but on the people who make it happen. Security Advisor Job at Qantas | Jobs in Australia
- Together we drive positive business outcomes
- Challenge yourself to make an impact in this exciting new role and take an opportunity to grow and diversify your career
- Permanent Full-Time position based at our Mascot Campus
Today, we’re busy planning for tomorrow. We look to the future to guide the way we innovate, helping us stay relevant and responsive in an unpredictable industry. We’ve always been pioneers, and we’re proud to see that spirit in our people today. Our resilience has helped us through good and tough times, and it still drives us to keep pushing the challenging expectations today.
Security Advisor, support the Aviation & Corporate Security team to provide security advice and services to all AOCs and business units in the Qantas Group. The position reports to the Manager of Security Operations and advisory and provides support and assistance within this portfolio. The portfolio includes the management and oversight of the Duty Security Controller function, and regulatory management in Australia and other countries within the Qantas Group network. It also provides operational security advice and security incident management across the Group. You will develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders within the Group, as well as key external stakeholders, including security management at airports in Australia and offshore, suppliers, security regulators, and other relevant government officials and industry colleagues.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years experience in aviation security is preferred but not essential
- Formal tertiary qualifications in policing, terrorism studies, law, arts, or geopolitical security fields
- Experience in risk assessment, planning, and coordination of security or related operations
- Knowledge of airline security procedures, systems, and standards
- Knowledge of computerized information systems, with personal computer and word processing skills
- Mature, self-motivated person with strong verbal and written skills, able to work unsupervised and as part of the management team
- Ability to think and act logically
- The ability for rapid and succinct analysis and reporting of situations
- A positive outlook and ability to multitask
- An aptitude for keen observation
- A keen interest in being part of a seasoned team