Job at: Gardener Job at St John of God Health Care AU
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest private providers of health care services in Australia, employing more than 16,000 employees (caregivers). We operate 27 hospitals and services comprising more than 3,500 hospital beds, including home nursing, disability services Jobs in Australia, and social outreach programs. Gardener Job at St John of God Health Care AU
With over 127 years’ experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Jobs in Australia, Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development. Gardener Job at St John of God Health Care AU
- St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital is a boutique facility located right on the banks of the iconic Swan River.
- The hospital was established in 1932 and has a strong tradition of providing surgical services and maternity care. It is also the largest non-government provider of rehabilitation services in Western Australia, with private and publicly funded services supported by a comprehensive multidisciplinary team.
- St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital is seeking committed and motivated individual to join our Maintenance team as a Gardener/Handyman. Jobs in Australia,
- As a Gardener/Handyman you will be required to perform hands on gardening and handyman work around the grounds, gardens and reticulation systems and will oversee specialist gardening works such as weed and pest control spraying, lawn fertilising and garden bed replanting and mulching.
- This is a permanent, full-time opportunity, working 76 hours a fortnight.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of garden and grounds maintenance, specifically with respect to a large commercial site.
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of reticulation system maintenance and operation.
- Experience with general handyman works, including brick paving.
- An understanding and ability in the use of garden hand tools and powered equipment.
- Have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Have the ability to be able to communicate with the other caregivers to understand their requests and/or problems that they experience with the services or facilities of the Hospital. Jobs in Australia,
- Be able to work in outdoor areas and be experienced with managing the associated hazards.
- Be able to demonstrate recent experience in safe working practices.
- Be a self-driven, dynamic and result oriented person who can demonstrate continuous self-improvement and good time management.
- Availability to work after hours if required to attend any major breakdowns.