Job at: Casual Registered Nurse Job in Australia At NSW
Location: Broken Hill, Australia
The NSW public health system is the largest public health system in Australia, providing safe, high quality healthcare to the people of NSW. By global standards, the NSW Health system is high performing, delivers safe, quality care, & our population is considered amongst the healthiest in the world. In the face of challenges, our health system & its workforce has shown time & again the ability to adapt & change to deliver high quality care to the people of NSW. World class training & education, advances in technology, investment in preventative health & innovative models of care will help us build an even stronger, more flexible, patient-centred health system in NSW. Casual Registered Nurse Job in Australia
You may be required to undertake nursing duties in another Ward if required by the Health Service for the
maintenance of service delivery, Casual Registered Nurse Job in Australia
- Deliver quality, efficient and effective person centred care as part of a multidisciplinary team which meets
the needs of the patients and their families or carers.
- Respond effectively to emergency situations and the changing status of the patient.
- Contribute to quality health care through life-long learning and professional development, research data
generation, clinical supervision, mentoring, coaching and development of policy and clinical practice
- Participate in relevant patient safety and quality education and deliver services in accordance with the
National Patient Safety and Quality Standards.
- Complete documentation on patient care plans, progress reports, and referral practices in accordance
with requirements and systematically assess, plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care based on
- Provide appropriate supervision and/or mentoring for staff, including delegation of care to ENs and AINs
according to their competence and within their scope of practice and the supervision of students on
- Work within Australian Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia Standards of Practice and relevant
codes that govern Registration.
- Enrol and complete HETI Rural Generalist Nurse Program within first 6 months of employment
Desired Skills and Experience
- Time management and prioritising competing workload demands given the scope of rural practice and
reliance on nursing staff.
- Managing patients exhibiting challenging behaviours given diversity of clients and a small workforce.
- Taking personal responsibility for acting in ways that consistently place the patient at the centre of care
delivery in the face of conflicting priorities and agendas.