Job Company: Cargill Australia Limited
Job Location: Nyngan, Dubbo & Central NSW
Job Type: Contract/Temp
Cargill helps the world’s food system work for you. We connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients and families with daily essentials—from the foods they eat to the floors they walk on. Our 160,000-plus team members around the world innovate with purpose, empowering our partners and communities as we work to nourish the world in a safe, responsible, sustainable way. Harvest Operations Assistant Job
From feed that reduces methane emissions to waste-based renewable fuels, the possibilities are boundless. But our values remain the same. We put people first. We reach higher. We do the right thing. It’s how we’ve met the needs of the people we call neighbors and the planet we call home for 158 years—and how we’ll do so for generations to come. Harvest Operations Assistant Job
The Harvest Operations Assistant role is a short-term contract role to provide leading hand and supervisory support in the lead up, during and post-harvest season. The role will focus specifically on safe and efficient operations of grain sampling and classification, weighing, bunker and plant operations.
This role will focus on training, supervising and where required execute with, plant operations, bunker operations. There will be a requirement to provide supervision and support to sampling, classification and weighbridge operation.
This role will be focused on ensuring that we are implementing safe and efficient work practices across all areas of the operations.
- Provide operational training to staff and contractors in key activities onsite including; tarping, General Bunker Operations, plant operations including DOGS & Stackers, Elevators and Conveyors, Silos, Front End Loaders, Site Vehicles grain sampling and weighing equipment etc.
- Provide operational supervision, guidance and safety observations to staff and contractors in key activities onsite
- Be involved and execute in key activities including General Bunker Operations, plant operations including DOGS & Stackers, Elevators and Conveyors, Silos, Front End Loaders, Site Vehicles grain sampling and weighing equipment etc.
- Provide supervision and support for sampling, grain classification and weighbridge and administration type duties. Support with grower / carrier enquiries or conflict
- 3-5 years’ experience in leading hand / supervisor type roles
- 3 to 5 years exp in plant operations experience i.e. front-end loaders, conveyors, tractors
- Motor vehicle license
- Level 2 First Aid certificate & Confined space entry certificate
- Ability to communicate and supervise effectively and efficiently
- Ability to administer operational training through our training packages and Work Instructions
- Ability to priorities and work to a schedule
- Ability to be hands on and comfortable with physical activities