Job at: Farm Manager Job at Agri Talent Australia
Location: Renmark, SA, Australia
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian and NZ agribusinesses. Our extensive network connects high-calibre candidates to diverse and exciting roles with respected clients across the agriculture sector.
As the Farm / Orchard Manager, you will play a key role in managing and overseeing the daily operations of our client’s 600ha property, consisting mainly of Citrus (plus some avocado’s and vines). The farm is perfectly located just outside of Renmark, SA, this property is equipped with modern infrastructure as well as an experienced team of 15 permanent staff. Jobs in Australia, To include Operations, Irrigation & Harvest Managers.
Collaborating with the regional manager, agronomists and support resources, you will be focusing on enhancing crop yields and maintaining fruit quality. You will also be focused on safety, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness while fostering a positive working environment for all.
Further to the above, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to –
- Develop and implement strategic farm operations plans in collaboration with the Regional Operations Manager.
- Manage irrigation schedules and spray programs in alignment with company specifications.
- Develop annual harvest program, including labour scheduling and crop estimates.
- Ensure farm operates within budget, proactively identifying and reporting variances or unexpected costs.
- Assist in prioritising costs and capital expenditure.
- Mentor and coach staff on safety standards, performance objectives, and respectful conduct.
- Promote and adhere to Work Health and Safety Policy.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will come with experience in a similar role, preferably within tree cropping, but more importantly be passionate about adding value to their team and farm.
To be successful in this role, it is important you can address the following –
- Experience managing tree-cropping properties
- ‘ChemCert’ Chemical Handling Certificate.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of irrigation and fertigation programs.
- Able to work flexibly and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Current driver’s license.
Individuals looking to progress into Farm Management are encouraged to apply.